The murder of 100 pro-West demonstrators in January launched the Revolution. Now many say it was a false flag.
Exhaustive analysis by reputable academic, Canadian Ukraine specialist
Challenges narrative of Western media, which alleges the exact opposite
Alleges subsequent government cover-up
Makes substantial contribution to multiple other media reports alleging the same thesis
This academic paper first appeared on the respected blog, Johnson’s Russia List.
We are publishing it here in full, despite its length, because it is by far the most detailed and thorough investigation of the Kiev Sniper Controversy, drawing on a mass of sources and materials, some of which were previously unpublished.
It is the work of a well-known Canadian political scientist at the University of Ottawa, who is a native of Ukraine. His specialization is Ukrainian politics and history.
The study concludes that, though there is some evidence that some of the protesters killed during the Maidan disturbances may have been accidentally shot by police snipers, the great majority were killed by snipers controlled by the pro-West demonstration leaders in a false flag operation.
The study suggests this was a pre-planned provocation to discredit the then government and that these same leaders both before and especially after they seized power have engaged in a systematic cover up of the facts to conceal their own guilt.
By Ivan Katchanovski, Ph.D. School of Political Studies & Department of Communication University of Ottawa
Paper presented at the Chair of Ukrainian Studies Seminar at the University of Ottawa, Ottawa, October 1, 2014
[With visuals and footnotes here academia.edu/8776021/The_Snipers_Massacre_on_the_Maidan_in_Ukraine]
The question is which side organized the snipers massacre. This paper is the first academic study of this crucial case of the mass killing. Analysis of a large amount of evidence in this study suggests that certain elements of the Maidan opposition, including its extremist far right wing, were involved in this massacre in order to seize power and that the government investigation was falsified for this reason.
Evidence used in this study includes publicly available but unreported, suppressed, or misrepresented videos and photos of suspected shooters, live statements by the Maidan announcers, radio intercepts of the Maidan snipers, and snipers and commanders from the special Alfa unit of the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), ballistic trajectories, eyewitness reports by both Maidan protesters and government special unit commanders, public statements by both former and current government officials, bullets and weapons used, types of wounds among both protesters and the police, and the track record of politically motivated misrepresentations by the Maidan politicians of other cases of violence during and after the Euromaidan and historical conflicts.
In particular, this study examines about 30 gigabytes of intercepted radio exchanges of the Security Service of Ukraine Alfa unit, Berkut, the Internal Troops, Omega, and other government agencies during the entire Maidan protests. These files were posted by a pro-Maidan Ukrainian radio amateur on a radio scanners forum, but they never were reported by the media or acknowledged by the Ukrainian government.
The timeline of the massacre with precision to minutes and locations of both the shooters and the government snipers was established in this study with great certainty based on the synchronization of the sound on the main Maidan stage, images, and other sources of evidence that independently corroborate each other.
The study uses content analysis of all publicly available videos of the massacre, in particular, an unreported, time-stamped version of a previously widely seen, long video of the massacre on Instytutska Street, videos of suspected snipers and reports of snipers in live TV broadcasts and Internet video streams from the Maidan (Independence Square), time-stamped and unedited radio intercepts of SBU Alfa snipers and commanders, and radio intercepts of Internal Troops on the Maidan.
The analysis also uses live Internet broadcasts. Recordings of all live TV and Internet broadcasts of the massacre by Espresso TV, Hromadske TV, Spilno TV, Radio Liberty, and Ukrstream TV, were either removed from their websites immediately following the massacre or not made publicly available. These recordings were mostly made by Maidan supporters, but they got very scant attention or removed from public access.
Similarly, official results of ballistic, weapons, and medical examinations and other evidence collected during the investigations concerning this massacre have not been made public, while crucial evidence, including bullets and weapons disappeared under the post-Yanukovych government. This investigation relies on such evidence reported by the media and reliable information in the social media. An on-site research on the site of the massacre on the Maidan itself and on Instytutska Street was also conducted for this study by the author.
An Academic Investigation
A recently released time-stamped version of an over 40-minute-long video, which was filmed at a close distance on Instytutska Street starting at 9:06am, covers, with some unexplained omissions, the most intense parts of the killings. It confirms that the mass killing of Maidan protesters on February 20 began on the adjacent Instytutska Street around that time.
The Berkut anti-riot police and Internal Troops units, which were besieging, storming, and blocking the Maidan for almost three months, hastily abandoned their positions and fled by 9:00am, while protesters then started to advance from their stronghold on the Maidan up Instytutska Street.
This and other videos show members of the special elite unit of the Berkut anti-riot police and “Omega” Internal Troops special unit, including two snipers, temporarily halting the advance of protesters near Zhovtnevyi Palace starting at 9:05am, shooting with both live ammunition from the Kalashnikov assault rifles (AKMS) and rubber bullets, and pointing sniper rifles in the direction of the protesters and then retreating along with Berkut and Internal Troops units, who were resting in Zhovtnevyi Palace.
After retreating to these barricades under fire, respectively, at 9:20am and 9:28am, Berkut and Omega were doing the same from two barricades on Instytutska Street and nearby buildings of the National Bank and the Club of the Cabinet of Ministers.
Directions of many bullet holes and their impact marks in the electric poles, trees, and walls of Zhovtnevyi Palace and the Hotel Ukraina also indicate that the police fired at the direction of the protesters and the protester-held buildings. SBU snipers were located in the Cabinet of Ministers, the Presidential Administration, and neighboring buildings.
The new Ukrainian government and the head of the parliamentary commission publicly stated that “snipers,” who massacred the unarmed protesters, were from these units. Specifically, the Prosecutor General Office announced on September 12, 2014 that its investigation found a Berkut commander and two members of his unit responsible for killing 39 Euromaidan protesters, or the absolute majority of some 50 protesters killed or mortally wounded on February 20, 2014.
Fascinating details emerge. Leading US-funded think-tanks and German secret service are accessories. Attempted suppression by legal threats. Blackout in German media.
These revelations, together with the Snowden uproar, will further decouple the US from Germany
Exclusively for RI, Dutch journalist Eric van de Beek interviews the senior German editor who is causing a sensation with his allegations that the CIA pays German media professionals to spin stories to follow US government goals.
We wrote about this two weeks ago, and the article shot up in views, becoming one of the most read articles on our site.
Udo Ulfkotte reveals in his bestseller Bought Journalists, how he was “taught to lie, to betray and not to tell the truth to the public.”
The former editor of Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, which is one of Germany’s largest newspapers, was secretly on the payroll of the CIA and German secret service, spinning the news in a way that was positive for the United States and bad for its opponents.
In his latest interview, Ulfkotte alleges that some media are nothing more than propaganda outlets of political parties, secret services, international think tanks and high finance entities.
Repenting for collaborating with various agencies and organisations to manipulate the news, Ulkotte laments, “I’m ashamed I was part of it. Unfortunately I cannot reverse this.”
Some highlights from the interview:
- “I ended up publishing articles under my own name written by agents of the CIA and other intelligence services, especially the German secret service.”
- “Most journalists from respected and big media organisations are closely connected to the German Marshall Fund, the Atlantik-Brücke or other so-called transatlantic organisations…once you’re connected, you make friends with selected Americans. You think they are your friends and you start cooperating. They work on your ego, make you feel like you’re important. And one day one of them will ask you ‘Will you do me this favor’…”
- “When I told the Frankfurter Allgemeine that I would publish the book, their lawyers sent me a letter threatening with all legal consequences if I would publish any names or secrets – but I don’t mind.”
- “[The Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung] hasn’t sued me. They know that I have evidence on everything.”
- “No German mainstream journalist is allowed to report about [my] book. Otherwise he or she will be sacked. So we have a bestseller now that no German journalist is allowed to write or talk about.”
Here’s more from the interview:
“Bought journalists”, who are they?
“We’re talking about puppets on a string, journalists who write or say whatever their masters tell them to say or write. If you see how the mainstream media is reporting about the Ukraine conflict and if you know what’s really going on, you get the picture. The masters in the background are pushing for war with Russia and western journalists are putting on their helmets.”
And you were one of them, and now you are the first to blow the whistle.
“I’m ashamed I was part of it. Unfortunately I cannot reverse this. Although my superiors at the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung approved of what I did, I’m still to blame. But yes, to my knowledge I am the first to accuse myself and to prove many others are to blame.”
How did you become a bought journalist?
“It started very soon after I started working at the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. I learned to regard luxury invitations as quite acceptable and to write positive articles in return. Later on I was invited by the German Marshall Fund of The United States to travel the United States. They paid for all my expenses and put me in contact with Americans they’d like me to meet. In fact, most journalists from respected and big media organisations are closely connected to the German Marshall Fund, the Atlantik-Brücke or other so-called transatlantic organisations. Many of them are even members or ‘fellows’. I am a fellow of the German Marshall Fund. The thing is, once you’re connected, you make friends with selected Americans. You think they are your friends and you start cooperating. They work on your ego, make you feel like you’re important. And one day one of them will ask you ‘Will you do me this favor’ and then another will ask you ‘Will you do me that favor’. Bye and bye you get completely brainwashed. I ended up publishing articles under my own name written by agents of the CIA and other intelligence services, especially the Bundesnachrichtendienst.”
The interview is in English with French subtitles.
Propagande médiatique – les révélations d’Udo Ulfkotte
18 Oct. 2014 – Le journaliste allemand Udo Ulfkotte a donné cette semaine une interview tonitruante sur la chaîne Russia Today, à l’occasion de la sortie de son dernier ouvrage Gekaufte Journalisten (Journalistes achetés).
Dans ce livre, il détaille la manipulation des médias et des journalistes par les agences de renseignement étasuniennes et notamment comment le Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung sert « comme une prostituée les intérêts de Washington en manipulant ses lecteurs au profit des États-Unis » au travers de multiples organisations pilotées depuis Washington, comme l’Atlantic Bridge, la Commission trilatérale, le German Marshall Found, l’American Council on Germany, l’Aspen Institute, etc.
Ces informations ont été depuis confirmées par Willy Wimmer, ex-secrétaire d’État du ministère allemand de la Défense, qui a accusé le département d’État américain d’ingérence dans le travail de la presse allemande.
du 27 au 31 octobre 2014 : C’est curieux, j’aimerais bien savoir comment les tests ont été menés. Quand la Banque Postale stresse ses clients pour 30 euros, elle devrait figurer en tête de liste des “fails”… [Note de CounterPsyOps: au total le sauvetage de DEXIA par la Banque Postale et la Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations aura coûté plus de 12 Milliards d’euros au contribuable Français , 6 Milliards d’euros à l’époque de Sarkozy à l’automne 2008, et 6.6 Milliards en janvier 2014 grâce à François Hollande]
L’article de Bloomberg est ici, avec les commentaires complets. De son côté Zero Hedge a écrit: “40% des banques de l’Eurozone sont en mauvaise santé… 130 banks sont testées, de 12 à 18 échoueront, et pour couronner le tout un tiers des 130, soit 40%, passeront le test sur le fil du rasoir… Cela veut dire que 40 à 44% des banques de l’Eurozone banks sont en mauvaise santé… If 40% of your banks are either dead in the water or barely floating, I’d say you have a major problem“… Surtout si vous examinez les garanties postées dans les bilans. Par exemple en Bulgarie, avec la banque qui a fait faillite, seuls 13% des prêts avaient une hypothèque valide. Les 83% autres étaient bidons, inexistants ou totalement suévalués. Et c’était la 4e plus grosse banque bulgare.
Revue de Presse par Pierre Jovanovic © www.jovanovic.com 2008-2014
Greenlight Capital CEO David Einhorn gave two ideas on Monday at the Robin Hood Investors Conference.
One was a long position — in the solar company SunEdison. And the other was a long/short — long Greek banks, short French government debt.
At about slide 38, Einhorn sorts out some of the mess that is Europe, focusing on Greece first. He argues that the worst is behind the country. The hardest decisions about austerity and the country is now “living within its means.” He recommends going long Greek banks — *Alpha and Piraeus.
France, on the other hand, is just starting to look ugly (that starts on slide 67). It’s overbudget, suffers from high unemployment, and needs reform. Once the bond market realizes all of that, Einhorn says, it’s time to short French government debt. SEE FULL PRESENTATION HERE
Greece has taken its bitter medicine, restructured its obligations and economy, and is recuperating after its near‐death experience. France appears too proud to reform.
“France is a challenging place to do business. The labour laws are stifling, the 35-hour work week includes 5 weeks of vacation, and at over $12 an hour, the minimum wage is nearly the highest in the world. It is difficult and expensive to dismiss workers … French government spending is well over half of GDP. In 2012 France elected the Socialists led by Francois Hollande who then lowered the retirement age, raised the corporate and VAT taxes, and sought to raise the tax rate on salaries over 1 million to 75% … And while Greece’s economy continues to improve, France has lagged the global recovery and may be headed back into recession. The bond market hasn’t noticed, but the rating agencies downgraded French debt. Right now France is clashing with the European Commission, where its proposed 2015 budget exceeds the 3% limit, putting France in “serious noncompliance” with the new EU rules. France is potentially undermining EU authority, setting a dangerous precedent for other EU countries, and setting the stage for a possible Euro crisis”
The debt service in France has remained stable. Ever lower interest rates have offset total debt ballooning from €1.2 trillion in 2006 to €2 trillion today. The bond market hasn’t noticed, but the rating agencies downgraded French debt.
Greece’s restructured debt has low interest rates and distant maturities. Almost half the debt pays no interest for a decade. Now, Greece has a lower interest burden than France.
Yet, while France’s troubles are still ahead, 10‐year French Government bonds yield 1.3%, while Greek 10‐year paper yields 9%. If the market re‐prices the French sovereign risk just slightly, France’s debt service will quickly get out of hand. Given this dynamic, we think shorting French government debt is a good currency and tail risk hedge for owning Greek bank stocks.
SOURCE : BusinessInsider
Les 3 pieds nickelés de l’économie: “El Blancos” Valls, Hollande, Sapin
du 27 au 31 octobre 2014 : Le tsunami des licenciements continue à faire son tour du monde… Sans commentaires… parce que j’en ai plus. Cela dure ainsi depuis mai 2012 !
Revue de presse par Pierre JOVANOVIC
- Sears US la grande chaîne va fermer 116 magasins et virer 6100 personnes, autant pour la reprise américaine – lire Usa Today merci à DJC
- SNCF maintenance 650 emplois menacés dans les ateliers de la sncf en dordogne – lire Sud Ouest merci à Mr Marsal
- SNCM-Transdev j’en ai parlé cet été, et c’est confirmé 2000 emplois en jeu à Marseille. Une explosion sociale en vue – lire 20 minutes merci à Mr Goosens
- PSA Discrétement 100 postes supprimés de plus à Poissy – lire Le Parisien merci à Aetos
- Altia dans le Jura, 111 emplois en danger – lire Le Progres</aa merci à Mr Labranche
- Amgen va virer 274 ingénieurs – lire San Fernando Journal merci à DJC
- Associations Caritatives elles sont en danger car victimes de vols à répétition partout en France, ici dans le Puy de Dôme – lire FR3 merci à Julien
- ATM croquettes pour chien et chats, confirmation, l’usine en redressement, 100 ouvriers ont pris une option pour Paul Emploi – lire L’Yonne merci à Mr Lafont
- Auchan Direct les salariés protestent contre un plan social déguisé – lire FR3 merci à mr Rorhrbacher
- Canal + comme je vous l’ai annoncé, la chaîne va en fermer trois autres, Jimmy, Cuisine+ et Maison+ en juin 2015 sur le bouquet canalsat – lire Ozap merci à mr Rorhrbacher
- Caterpillar à Rantigny, Oise, une centaine de salariés manifestent pour sauver leur entreprise – lire Le Parisien merci à Mr Marsal
- Centre social des Trois villes 10 salariés virés – lire Nord Eclair merci à Mr Labranche
- CML Mines jette à la rue 100 mineurs – lire The Spectrum merci à (pj)
- Coal River energy vire d’un coup 130 mineurs – lire State Journal merci à (pj)
- Conté de Cumbria 1800 fonctionnaires régionaux virés – lire BBC merci à Mr Labranche
- Electrolux cette fois la société veut fermer l’usine de Glaris, 120 ouvriers à la porte – lire Romandie merci à Radio TPE
- France (usines) la France a perdu 558 usines !!!!! depuis 2009 merci aux banques – lire Creation Entreprise merci à Mr Labranche
- France (chômage) 51000 personnes de plus en septembre, donné le vendredi tard pendant les vacances – lire News360x merci à aux lecteurs
- France (surendettement) les Français toujours de plus en plus nombreux, reflet de la situation du pays – lire La Dépêche merci à Mr Labranche
- Homebase UK la chaîne de boutiques anglaise va en fermer 80, soit 25 % de l’ensemble – lire The Telegraph merci à Mr ballerand
- Hopîtal dans le Sud Ouest 20 postes suprimés dans les mois à venir – lire Sud ouest merci à Mr Labranche
- Huyghebaert grossiste alimentaire belge à Anvers va virer 100 personnes – lire Sud Info merci à Mr Labranche
- Jacob mode féminine au Canada ferme toutes ses boutiques également – lire La Presse merci à aux lecteurs
- JCB le célèbre constructeur de leveuses et autres grosses machines BTP vire 150 ouvriers – lire The sentinel merci à Mr Labranche
- JDM voitures sans permis pas de repreneur, 32 salariés chez Paul Emploi
lire Challenges merci à Mr Labranche
- John Deere encore des licenciements chez JD, cette fois 450 personnes en raison du manque de clients – lire Kwwl.com merci à DJC
- Kimberly Clark le labo vire 1100 personnes !!! c’est la société qui vend les marques Colgate, Kleenex et Huggies – lire Le Matin merci à Marianne
- Lainé à Caen la société sera sans doute liquidée et 85 personnes à Paul Emploi – lire Ouest france merci à Mr Goosens
- Lakeside Foods Environ 75 salariés licenciés – lire kaal.tv merci à DJC
- Milonga musique a été liquidé, fin d’une aventure 165 personnes chez Paul Emploi – lire La provence merci à Mr Goosens
- Legacy Publishing a décidé de licencier 50 % de son personnel !!! soit 50 personnes environ – lire Wcsh6 merci à DJC
- Lloyds Bank va se séparer de 9000 banquiers de plus !!!! – lire BBC merci à (pj)
- Lufthansa vend son service informatique avec 1500 ingénieurs à IBM… des licenciements inévitables – lire Les Echos merci à Indiana
- TV6 la chaîne ferme au 31 dec 2014 – lire Ozap merci à mr Rorhrbacher
- Stylia TV la chaîne ferme au 31 dec 2014 – lire Ozap merci à mr Rorhrbacher
De La Misère En Milieu Militant, troisième partie. Thèmes abordés :
désillusions, mourir à 30 ans, Romain Goupil, Michel Récanati, mai 68, Daniel Cohn-bendit, la ligue comuniste, henri weber, le 21 juin 73, la CGT en manif, bhl et les maos, Georges Marchais, Annie Lacroix-Riz,famine en Ukraine, les syndicats, la propagande marxiste leniniste, le destin du clerc marxiste.