Zéon / Égalité & Réconciliation – Fresque en l’honneur d’Hugo Chávez
Le 20 mars 2013, l’artiste Zéon et son équipe ont réalisé une fresque à Paris (18ème rue Ordener) en hommage au président Hugo Chávez.
Venezuela’s post-election crisis is growing deeper, with at least seven people killed during clashes between the opposition and police. President-elect Nicolas Maduro says he has proof that the US embassy is financing the ongoing protests.
The deaths occurred on Monday, when hundreds of protesters took to the streets in various parts of Caracas and other cities. The demonstrators blocked streets, burned tires, and fought with security forces.
The fatalities include two people shot by opposition sympathizers while celebrating Maduro’s victory, state media reported. One person died in an attack on a government-run clinic in a central state. Two others, including a policeman, were killed in an Andean border state, officials told Reuters.
“The most serious thing is that in these violent actions, seven Venezuelans died,” said Attorney General Luisa Ortega. She added that 135 people have been arrested in suspected connection with the violence.
According to Maduro, who spoke on Venezuelan television on Tuesday, opposition candidate Henrique Capriles ought to be held responsible for the violent demonstrations now taking place in Caracas and throughout the country, which have already left sixty-one injured. He also made pointed accusations at the US as having a key role in the current instability.
“The Pentagon, the US State Department and the CIA govern the US. Here, in Venezuela, the people govern, ” stated Maduro.
Meanwhile, Capriles has called Maduro’s victory “illegitimate” and called on supporters to peacefully protest the results. The Venezuelan election authority has refused to hold a recount, despite calls from the opposition.
But Latin American expert James Petras says the election was anything but fraudulent.
“In the case of Venezuela, there were 100 outside international observers clearly recognized as objective judges who observed the election process, observed the voting, and observed the counting. It’s a misnomer to say that this was a questionable election,” he told RT.
Maduro said on Tuesday that he will not allow the opposition to hold a march in the center of Caracas planned for Wednesday, to demand a recount of votes following Sunday’s election. “It’s time for a tough hand,” he said.
Speaking to supporters Tuesday, Capriles indicated that the current clashes were the work of the incumbent party, and asked that they not go out into the streets on Wednesday, stating that those who do “only want violence.” He added that, according to intelligence given to the opposition, the government had and would attempt to “infiltrate” demonstrations.
Maduro has spoken out against the opposition protests. “Where are the opposition politicians who believe in democracy?”Maduro said, blaming opposition candidate Henrique Capriles for the violence.
His thoughts were echoed by Venezuelan Foreign Minister Elias Jaua. “Those who attempt to take with force what they could not acquire through elections are not democrats,” he said.
And Petras agrees. “I think [the opposition] is trying to sabotage the government. They’re not engaging in a peaceful protest. They’re not raising legitimate questions. What they’re doing is essentially calling into question election procedures,” he said.
Sunday’s election came after the death of Hugo Chavez last month. He named Maduro as his successor before he died.
Maduro won the election with 50.8 per cent of the vote against Capriles’ 49.0 per cent.
According to anti-war activist Don Debar, the US is not exactly neutral in the Venezuelan election dispute.
“Venezuela is the nexus point for the standing up of the global South. The organizations ALBA, UNASUR, various structures that are being put in place for economic independence of, first, Central and South America, and then recently moves to bridge to Africa and moves to work in conjunction with the BRICS nations. It’s an alternate economic structure, global in its potential nature, that the United States sees basically as a foundational threat,” he told RT.
C’est le quotidien espagnol ABC qui révèle le pot aux roses (cf. lien en bas de page). Les banques vénézuéliennes permettent aux ayatollahs iraniens de contourner les sanctions internationales. ABC est un journal dont les correspondants entretiennent d’excellentes relations avec les services de renseignement de par le monde.
ABC publie régulièrement et avant tout le monde des informations sensibles sur le monde musulman, le terrorisme et le narcotrafic (Iran, Turquie, Farc, Hezbollah, etc.). Informations qui par la suite se confirment dans les faits. Les articles d’ABC sont régulièrement cités dans les médias des USA (notamment en Floride) et d’Amérique latine.
Cette fois ABC, plus concrètement son correspondant Emili J. Blasco, identifie les banques iraniennes et vénézuéliennes qui coopèrent dans le contournement des sanctions décidées par l’ONU en raison du nucléaire offensif iranien.
Ainsi en va-t-il de la Banque Commerciale Euro-iranienne, du Banco de Venezuela, et, surtout, du Banco Internacional de Desarrollo, une entité bancaire à capitaux iraniens avec son siège à Caracas. Le Banco Internacional de Desarrollo qui est en fait une filiale de l’Export Development Bank of Iran…
Le principal artisan de ces montages financiers occultes n’est autre que Tahmasb Mazaheri, ancien ministre iranien de l’Economie et des Finances (2001-2004) et ancien président de la Banque Centrale d’Iran (2007-2008).
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who will have to undergo more cancer surgery, has named his successor.
In a live TV broadcast on Saturday night, he urged voters to support Vice President Nicolas if a new election had to be held.
On Sunday, Chavez is returning to Havana for a new surgical intervention after being diagnosed with yet another cancer tumor.
Chavez, 58, has undergone three operations for cancer and several rounds of chemotherapy and radiation treatment over the past year.
Venezuela’s President Hugo Chavez said on Saturday he will undergo another cancer operation in the coming days after doctors found malignant cells during tests in Cuba.
“It is necessary for me to have a new intervention in the coming days,” Chavez said in a televised broadcast, adding that he would return to Havana on Sunday. Continue reading
Speaking at a Thursday meeting with his cabinet ministers at the Presidential Palace in Caracas, Chavez pointed out that Obama should “forget about invading other nations, destabilizing countries, etc.”
He described the US as socially and economically “fractured” and called on Obama to focus on “governing his own country” instead.
Chavez, who was making the remarks in reaction to Obama’s reelection, said the American “super elite” exploits the rest of the US and manipulates it “through the media.”
During the US presidential campaigns, Chavez said he did not expect either Obama or his Republican rival Mitt Romney to make any change in the relations between the US, Latin America, Venezuela and the rest of the world.
The Venezuelan president has repeatedly challenged the US foreign policy since he took office in 1999. Continue reading
By Tamara Pearson for Venezuela Analysis
Mérida, September 12th 2012 (Venezuelanalysis.com) – Four small organisations withdrew their support yesterday for the opposition candidate to the upcoming presidential elections, Henrique Capriles.
The four organisations: Vota Piedra (Vote Rock), Cambio Pana (Change Friend), Unidad Democratica (Democratic Unity), and Mano por Venezuela (a Hand for Venezuela) formalised their decision with the National Electoral Council, meaning they will no longer appear on the ballot ticket.
The representative of Vota Piedra, Leonard Chirinos, expressed his disagreement with Capriles’ government plan to the press; saying that the majority of parties in the opposition umbrella group, the United Democratic Roundtable (MUD) weren’t consulted.
He was referring to a secret opposition government plan revealed recently by opposition leader Continue reading
Venezuelan President, Hugo Chavez, on Wednesday stressed that the Syrian people are victim of a violent colonial policy.
He asserted that he will assess the Iranian proposal on the inclusion of Venezuela in the ‘Contact Group’ to solve the crisis in Syria.
President Chavez said in a press conference, “We will study the Iranian proposal and see how we can contribute to reaching a solution to the crisis in Syria.”
Iran proposed that Venezuela, a member of the Non-Aligned Movement, and Iraq, as current president of the Arab League, join the coming meetings of the contact group on Syria which encompasses Egypt, Turkey and Saudi Arabia, in addition to Iran.
Following the Cairo meeting, Iranian Assistant Foreign Minister for Arab and African Affairs Hossein Amir Abdullahian stressed that his country welcomes the goal of the meeting as it is based on immediate halt of violence, maintaining Syria’s integrity and sovereignty and rejection of any foreign interference.
Source: Press TV
By James Petras
“You can’t exclude any hypothesis … It’s practically impossible that here in an [oil] installation like this which is fully automated everywhere and that has thousands of responsible workers night and day, civilian and military, and that there is a gas leak for 3 or 4 days and nobody responds. This is impossible.” — President Chavez responding to US media and opposition charges that the explosion and fire at the oil refinery was due to government negligence.
Only 43 days before the Venezuelan presidential election and with President Chavez leading by a persistent margin of 20 percentage points, an explosion and fire at the Amuay refinery killed at least 48 people – half of those were members of the National Guard and destroyed oil facilities producing 645,000 barrels of oil per day. Continue reading