Media Sources revealed that the terrorist blast that hit the National Security HQ in Damascus occurred inside the room in which the officials were in.
C4 mini explosives have been attached under the meeting table at the seat of each official.
Al-Qudos Al-Arabi Newspaper said that the c4 explosives were smuggled in via a 30 years college guy; work with the National Security Bureau since years, where he was trust worthy by the late Hisham Ikhtear.
The Newspaper said that the guy has been recruited by Turkish – Jordan Intelligence, where the explosives have been delivered via a mediator works for the outside Opposition.
The Newspaper added the explosives are of an advanced kind which cannot be found but in an advanced intelligence. Continue reading →
Photo shows smoke billowing over Damascus, Syria, Wednesday, July 18, 2012.
The Central Command of Iran’s Armed Forces has condemned the latest terrorist attack that killed three senior officials in Syria, saying that the ‘US-Israeli state terrorism’ and pressures on the resistance front are doomed to fail.
“Despite the high pressure exerted by the global arrogance on Syria and the resistance movement, the evil forces will have no choice but to retreat,” said the Armed Forces Central Command in a Thursday statement.
The Syrian government and nation are determined to weather the US and its European and regional allies’ radicalism, and have so far succeeded in fulfilling the task, it added. Continue reading →
DAMASCUS, (SANA)- The General Command of the Army and the Armed Forces said that the terrorist explosion which targeted the National Security headquarters in Damascus on Wednesday morning while a meeting of a number of ministers and senior security officials was taking place is a new criminal escalation carried out by the hireling tools that are implementing foreign plots.
A statement by the General Command mentioned that Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Army and the Armed Forces, Minister of Defense Gen. Dawood Abdullah Rajiha and Deputy Minister of Defense Gen. Asef Shawkat were martyred in the explosion and other attendees were injured.
While paying tribute to its heroic martyrs, the General Command of the Army and the Armed Forces stresses resolution to decisively eliminating the criminal and murder gangs and chasing them out of their rotten hideouts wherever they are until clearing the homeland of their evils,” the statement said.
It added that whoever thinks that by targeting some leaders they could twist Syria’s arms is “deluded”, affirming that “Syria, people, army and leadership, is today more determined to counter terrorism with all its forms and cutting off the hand of whoever thinks to harm Syria’s security.”
The General Command concluded its statement by saying that “this coward terrorist act will but increase the Armed Forces men’s determination to clear the homeland of the armed terrorist groups and preserve Syria’s dignity and the sovereignty of its independent national decision.” Continue reading →
Information Minister Omran al-Zoubi stressed that the terrorist explosion which targeted the National Security headquarters in Damascus expresses Syria’s enemies’ feeling of weakness and frustration at the strength and firmness of the Syrian Arab Army and at the terrorists’ failure to undermine the Army’s unity.
“The responsibility for this terrorist crime committed by Syria’s enemies lies with all the countries which sent money and weapons to Syria,” said al-Zoubi in an interview with the Syrian TV.
He added that these countries are responsible for every drop of blood spilled on the Syrian ground.
The minister said that what happened today is “the last chapter of the U.S.-Western-Israeli conspiracy against Syria”, stressing that the morals of the Syrian people and Army are high and at their best and that Syria’s enemies are mistaken in their assessment of the strength of the people, army and the country.
He dismissed what the satellite channels that are involved in shedding the Syrian blood have reported on explosions taking place in Damascus as “completely untrue”, stressing that Syria will not let these channels which went too far in the media war on the Syrian people get away with their crime of instigation against Syria and that they will be sued.
Al-Zoubi underscored the Syrian Armed Forces’ full preparedness and determination to uproot terrorism in Syria.
US “officials” admit Al Qaeda running loose in Syria, fail to mention 2007 US plan to put them there. by Tony Cartalucci
May 12, 2012 – Regarding the recent, devastating bombings in Damascus, Syria, an Associated Press report, “Syria opposition: Assad trying to destroy UN peace,” featured the “chief of Syria’s major opposition political group Syrian National Council,” Burhan Ghalioun, baselessly claiming “the relationship between the Syrian regime and al Qaeda is very strong.” Also included was the comments of a “Free Syrian Army” commander who claimed, “the Syrian regime wanted through these terrorist explosions to support its silly story of the presence of armed and terrorist gangs.”
The debate is over – the Sunni-extremist “Free Syrian Army” is the result of a years-long premeditated plan by the US, Israel, and Saudi Arabia to leverage violent militants against the Syrian and Iranian governments – according to a meticulously detailed report from renowned journalist Seymour Hersh in his 2007 New Yorker article, “The Redirection.”
However, not even a day passed before another AP report has now confirmed that the terrorist Al-Nusra Front has claimed responsibility for the deadly blasts that ripped through Damascus this week, killing scores and injuring hundreds, and shattering opposition claims that the Syrian government was behind them. The Al-Nusra Front has been at the center of several acts of violence across Syria, as part of a wider Sunni-extremist led, NATO and Gulf State-backed, militant campaign to destabilize and overthrow the Syrian government. Continue reading →