Russian Pacific Fleet Warships Enter Mediterranean For First Time In Decades, To Park In Cyprus

Earlier we reported that the US has now officially landed a Marine force in israel as well as an assault ship, in a visit that the US Navy promptly assured “is not associated with, nor a reaction to, any world events.” It seems we were not the only ones who read this justification somewhat skeptically: so did Russia. And in a historic event, the Russian Pacific fleet, for the first time in decades, crossed the Suez Canal and entered the Mediterraneandirection Cyprus’ port of Limasol (hi Cyprus – Russia will be arriving shortly) in what is now the loudest implied warning to the US and Israel amassing military units across Syria’s border that Russia will not stand idly by as Syria is used by the Israeli “Defense” Forces for target practice. “The task force has successfully passed through the Suez Channel and entered the Mediterranean. It is the first time in decades that Pacific Fleet warships enter this region,” Capt. First Rank Roman Martov said. This is what is also known as dropping hints, loud and clear.

The group, including the destroyer Admiral Panteleyev, the amphibious warfare ships Peresvet and Admiral Nevelskoi, the tanker Pechenga and the salvage/rescue tug Fotiy Krylov left the port of Vladivostok on March 19 to join Russia’s Mediterranean task force.

Admiral Panteleyev destroyer

Admiral Nevelskoi

 

The task force currently includes the large anti-submarine ship Severomorsk, the frigate Yaroslav Mudry, the salvage/rescue tugs Altai and SB-921 and the tanker Lena from the Northern and Baltic Fleets, as well as the Ropucha-II Class landing ship Azov from the Black Sea Fleet. The task force may be enlarged to include nuclear submarines, Navy Commander Admiral Viktor Chirkov said last Sunday.

Shore leave for a whole lot of submarines just a few hundred kilometers from Syria? Surely. From Rian.

Iran capable of destroying 35 U.S. military bases

Iran has prepared a response plan in the case that it is attacked from the outside. The plan provides for the destruction of 35 U.S. military bases in the Middle East within a few minutes after the attack. This was announced on Wednesday by the head of the aerospace division of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ Aerospace Force (IRGC) General Ali Amir Hajizade.

The General said that measures have been thoroughly thought through to deploy missiles designed to destroy all of the U.S.’ bases in the first minutes after the attack. The general added that he was talking about U.S. military installations located around the Islamic Republic, but did not specify at what distance.

He explained that there had been recent military exercises which included those intended for a missile strike on a hypothetical enemy airbase.

Source: The Voice Of Russia

 

 

 

Iran to build new missile defence base

The events around Syria dramatically increase the danger of an attack against Iran and force it to strengthen its security. Such was Russian experts’ comment on Tehran’s announcement about the beginning of the construction of a large missile defence base in the south of the country.

Iran is suffering from acute budget deficit due to the oil embargo. Nevertheless, it is allocating $300mln to build this facility, which is a huge sum in its current situation. Earlier, though, one of Iran’s high military officials declared that the existing facilities and missile defence systems of the country were completely prepared to repel any attacks from the air. Continue reading

Iran to give crushing response to Israel aggression: Rezaei

Iran says its response to a possible Israeli attack will be crushing.

Secretary of Iran’s Expediency Council Mohsen Rezaei says Iran’s military is fully prepared to give a crushing response Israel if it dares to launch a military strike against the Islamic Republic.

“If the Zionists (in Israel) commit the folly and attack Iran, they will receive a crushing response from Islamic Republic’s armed forces which will lead to their annihilation,” Rezaei said on Monday.

Outgoing Israeli Home Front Defense Minister Matan Vilnai claimed on August 12 that the Tel Aviv regime is prepared for a ‘30-day war’ with Iran.

Rezaei further noted that the warmongering statements by Israeli officials are aimed at overshadowing the importance of Quds Day as well as the forthcoming summit of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) in Tehran in late August.

In August 1979, the late founder of the Islamic Republic Grand Ayatollah Rouhollah Khomeini declared the last Friday of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan as International Quds Day, and called on Muslims across the world to mark the annual occasion by holding street rallies.

Stating that the Zionist regime of Israel is making attempts to downplay the international effects of the NAM summit, the Iranian official said the recent threats by the Zionist regime’s officials about attacking Iran are ‘psychological warfare’ and not real.

The 16th summit of the NAM member states will be held on August 26-31 in the Iranian capital during which the Islamic Republic will assume the rotating presidency of the movement for three years.

Source: Press TV

Iran Defense Ministry to unveil achievements

Iranian missiles (file photo)

Iran’s Defense Ministry plans to unveil six important defense industry achievements in the presence of the country’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

The projects pertain to various defensive areas, including missile and electronic technology and aerial and sea defense initiatives, and will be unveiled during a ceremony on the occasion of the national Defense Industry Day on August 21, Fars News Agency reported.

President Ahmadinejad will also visit an exhibition of the latest achievements of the Defense Ministry and its related organizations, including the Iranian Aerospace Organization (IAO), Defense Industry Organization, Iran Electronics Industries, and Armed Forces Geographical Organization.  Continue reading

israeli attack on Iran to end tel Aviv regime: Vahidi

Iran’s Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi

Iran’s Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi has warned that any military adventurism by the israeli regime against Tehran would mean self-destruction for Tel Aviv.

“The Zionist regime (Israel) knows that attacking Iran is an unattainable wish, unless the regime seeks to commit suicide,” Vahidi said on Sunday.

The Iranian defense minister denounced Israel’s military threats against Iran and its plots against Syria as Tel Aviv’s psychological warfare aimed at breaking Tel Aviv’s isolation.

Despite that, Vahidi pointed out, the Israeli regime cannot break free from historical realities and its inherent ineptitudes.  Continue reading