Benghazi-gate continues: CIA operators asked Twice for Support during the Attack but Back-Up Team were told to ‘stand down’
SAN DIEGO, October 26, 2012 — Fox News broke chilling new facts today regarding the September destruction in Benghazi.
According to Fox, “an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. consulate and subsequent attack several hours later on the annex itself was denied by the CIA chain of command — who also told the CIA operators twice to “stand down” rather than help the ambassador’s team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.”
It’s almost unimaginable that the Obama administration could spin their way out of this one. They’ll try, but there aren’t too many cards left to play. The video narrative has ridden off into the horizon and can help them no longer.
They’ll probably dismiss Fox News as a right wing, hence unreliable source. They’d be wise not to try it. A quick trip down memory lane takes us back to September, when DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz claimed the conservative Washington Examiner misquoted her, only to discover that her words had been recorded. (Washington Examiner, Sept 7, 2012).
Even if Debbie had not already paved the way to Fool’s Gold, Obama should remember that conservative news outlets are not alone in this ever morphing story. His allies in the main steam media cannot shield him forever. Sometimes, when evidence pours down like sharp, cold hail, conventional news outlets actually report the news. It might be a whole new experience for them, but they do it, if only by kicking and screaming. Just two days ago CNN published the following
“Two hours after the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, the White House, the State Department and the FBI were told that an Islamist group had claimed credit, government e-mails obtained by CNN show.
“One of the e-mails – sent from a State Department address to various government agencies – specifically identifies Ansar al-Sharia as claiming responsibility for the attack on its Facebook page and on Twitter.
“The e-mails raise further questions about the seeming confusion on the part of the Obama administration to determine the nature of the September attack and those who planned it.
“The attack left U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans dead.”
But today’s story about a command to stand down may be the most potent revelation of all. People are stretching their imaginations to figure out why help would be denied when Americans were under fire.