[EDITOR’S NOTE: GENERAL ELECTRIC – NBC (In they 2000 donated 1.1 million to George W Bush for his election campaign)
* NBC: Owns outright 13 stations and many affiliates, Market penetration: 28% of US households.
* NBC Network News: Owns The Today Show, Nightly News with Tom Brokaw, Meet the Press, Dateline.
* CNBC business network, MSNBC 24-hour cable and Internet news service (co-owned by both NBC and Microsoft); Court TV (co-owned with Time Warner), Bravo (50%), A&E (25%), History Channel (25%).
The MS in MSNBC stands for Microsoft, Bill Gate’s Microsoft donated 2.4 million in 2000 to get George W Bush elected.
* GE Consumer Electronics and Household Products and components used in military electronics..
* GE Power Systems, which makes turbines for nuclear reactors, wind turbines, “clean” coal technology.
* GE Plastics: produces military hardware for fighter jets, ships and nuclear power equipment.
* GE Transportation Systems: manufactures engines and diesel and electric locomotives.
For more detail about Who Really Determines What You Will Or Will Not See On TV Or Read In The Newspaper?
Please see : WHO OWNS THE NEWS ? ]
Fukushima Fallout; GE Explains How They Manipulate The Media
An interesting admission was recently made by the top communications person at General Electric related to how the company manipulates major US media. Christoper White, the Communications Leader at GE bragged in his career bio on Linked In admitting the extent that the company can control what major US media tells the public related to them.
“I have solid relationships with reporters and producers at the country’s largest media outlets like CNN, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, NBC’s Today Show, the AP and others. I have placed front page, A-block stories in these and other publications and, as importantly, kept my clients off the front pages of these same publications.”
“My crisis experience includes post-Fukushima reputation management, commercial and general aviation aircraft accidents and incidents, national security threats and the U.S. government’s response (including 9/11, the August 2007 liquid explosives threat) and others.”