Iran to give crushing response to Israel aggression: Rezaei

Iran says its response to a possible Israeli attack will be crushing.

Secretary of Iran’s Expediency Council Mohsen Rezaei says Iran’s military is fully prepared to give a crushing response Israel if it dares to launch a military strike against the Islamic Republic.

“If the Zionists (in Israel) commit the folly and attack Iran, they will receive a crushing response from Islamic Republic’s armed forces which will lead to their annihilation,” Rezaei said on Monday.

Outgoing Israeli Home Front Defense Minister Matan Vilnai claimed on August 12 that the Tel Aviv regime is prepared for a ‘30-day war’ with Iran.

Rezaei further noted that the warmongering statements by Israeli officials are aimed at overshadowing the importance of Quds Day as well as the forthcoming summit of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) in Tehran in late August.

In August 1979, the late founder of the Islamic Republic Grand Ayatollah Rouhollah Khomeini declared the last Friday of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan as International Quds Day, and called on Muslims across the world to mark the annual occasion by holding street rallies.

Stating that the Zionist regime of Israel is making attempts to downplay the international effects of the NAM summit, the Iranian official said the recent threats by the Zionist regime’s officials about attacking Iran are ‘psychological warfare’ and not real.

The 16th summit of the NAM member states will be held on August 26-31 in the Iranian capital during which the Islamic Republic will assume the rotating presidency of the movement for three years.

Source: Press TV

israeli war on Iran looming: US author

israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (L) and Defense Minister Ehud Barak are reportedly lobbying for a massive attack against Iran among Israeli cabinet members. (File photo)

A US-based political writer claims he has access to a plan made by Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak for imminent military strike on Iran.

According to Israeli news website Ynet, Richard Silverstein claimed on August 15 that the war document was leaked to him by a “high-level Israeli source” who obtained it from a military officer and includes missile and aerial strikes, assassination of Iranian officials and a massive cyber attack that will paralyze the country’s electronic networks.

The supposed Israeli strike on Iran, he added, will include crippling Iran’s electricity grid and telecommunications network, firing tens of missiles to Iran from Israeli territory and submarines in the Persian Gulf, and bombarding the houses of top Iranian scientists and military commanders. The strike, Silverstein noted, will also involve cyber attacks to render Iran’s internet and telecom networks as well as radio and television, telecommunication satellites, and fiberoptic network dysfunctional.

Smart carbon-fiber weapons will also attack Iran’s power plants causing short-circuit which will stop their operations, he noted, while more missiles will target Arak nuclear reactor and other nuclear facilities in Isfahan and Fordow.

A number of Iranian officials have been also shortlisted for assassination by Israeli missiles, Silverstein said.

Iranian authorities have frequently downplayed Israeli threats of military action against the Islamic Republic, warning that in case the Zionist regime dares to launch such an attack, it will be reduced to rubble.

A number of senior Iranian military commanders have also emphasized that in case Israel and even the US launch any attack an Iran, the conflict is certain to spill into the entire region.

Following the first wave of attacks, according to the American analyst, “an Israeli radar satellite will pass over Iran and transfer information directly to warplanes making their way covertly toward Iran.”

These Israeli planes will be armed with electronic warfare gear previously unknown to the wider public, not even revealed to Tel Aviv’s close ally, the United States, Silverstein said.

The Israeli report, according to the US analyst, concludes by claiming that among the targets of the aerial attacks “are Shahab 3 and Sejjil ballistic missile silos, storage tanks for chemical components of rocket fuel, industrial facilities for producing missile control systems, centrifuge production plants and more.”

Iranian observers, however, insist that such reports are the continuation of a joint US-Israeli publicity and psywar campaign aimed at inciting fear among the Iranian public.

Source: Press TV